RIGblaster Plug & Play
Operate your favorite digital mode program simultaneously with your favorite logging program using the RIGblaster's virtual
COMport Splitter software.
With its simple USB "Plug and Play" installation, the RIGblaster Plug & Play is the simplest RIGblaster to plug in provided that your radio has compatible data/aux jacks. If your radio's data jack allows operation on all bands and modes while supporting proper microphone operation, the RIGblaster Plug & Play may be may be the best RIGblaster for you. Adaptors are required for most radios. See Radio Compatibility Chart for a list of radios that work with the RIGblaster Plug & Play, what adapter cables are required, and what optional cables are available.
- USB cable
- USB powered - No External Power Required
Built-in Rig Control
- Built in rig control with Icom and Ten Tec or with TTL level CAT control (round CAT jack) Yaesu radios. Control cable an inexpensive option
- Rig control is possible along with sound card PTT control and CW keying on a SINGLE serial port using Hamscope or MixW software. If HRD is used with DM780, because they are separate programs, they must be configured correctly to work together as one program
True Keyed CW
- Fully isolated CW keying output for direct keying of your rig's CW. This jack is for use with non-sound card software using serial DTR control. CW Keying cable optional
- Simplest radio to plug in provided your radio has compatible data/aux jacks
- Available adapters simplify mic/keyer/audio connections
- Isolated Audio and Keying
- Front panel indicators show PTT and CW keying control, USB connection status
- Properly matched and RF suppressed audio for your radio
- Carrier detect (COR) for Echolink Ready (see Support Page for detail on activating this feature)
- Compact - great for portable or QRP operation
- Assembled in USA to IPC-610 manufacturing standards
- Printed circuit board uses FR4 material, double sided, plated through holes, solder mask over bare copper, silk screened
- Stainless steel hardware throughout including PEM™ threaded mounting standoffs
See The Radio Compatibility Chart for a list of radios that work with the RIGblaster Plug & Play, what adapter cables are required, and what optional cables are available.
|Overall Dimensions (maximum, w/o cables)||.65" H x 2.9" W x 2" D|
|Weight (with cables)||2 oz.|
|DC Power requirements||5 V USB powered < 60mA|
|Frequency response sound card input||100 Hz - 15 kHz, + - 1dB|
|Distortion sound card input||Less than 0.1 % THD @ 1kHz|
|Input impedance (from sound card)||600 ohms resistive, minimum|
|Sound card level||-20 dB|
|PTT max rating||10 mA @ 8 V|
|USB interface||USB 2.0 or lower|
The line level (data jack) audio is completely isolated from all other grounds. The sound card audio is isolated using two audio isolation transformers for both transmit and receive. The PTT and CW keying circuits are fully isolated using a dual opto-isolator.
Unlike the RIGblaster Pro, Plus II, and Plus the RIGblaster Plug & Play was designed for specific radios and as such will only work with specific radios.
See our RIGblaster Plug & Play Radio Compatibility Chart which shows what radios are supported, what adapter cables are required, and what optional cables are available.
- RIGblaster Plug & Play
- DVD with Device Drivers, Owner's Manual & WMR Collection of Ham Radio Sound Card Software
Additional/Replacement DVD for RIGblaster Products
A DVD of the RIGblaster Software Collection is the standard media. If you are unable to use DVD media, you may request the software on a two (2) CD Set. When ordering online, in the comments section of the order form, type in "Request 2 CD Set". Alternately, the collection of software programs may be individually downloaded here.